Adjunct Faculty, Vocational Nursing
General Statement of Job
To instruct students in accordance with College policies and procedures in the ACC Vocational Nursing Program.
Location Eastview Campus Hours Hours as assigned: Must maintain an established schedule. Some position may also include Evenings and weekends. Salary Salary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Department Chair, Vocational Nursing Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours. Faculty assignments may include days and evenings.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, interactive video and on-line format technology, class room, clinical, lab, or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software systems.
Required Work Experience
- Three years work experience as a registered nurse.
Preferred Work Experience
- Prior nursing teaching experience.
- Experience in the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission accreditation process.
- Previous experience with distance learning technology.
- In accordance with SACSCOC accreditation requirements: Master of Science in Nursing. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- Licensure: Current Texas Nursing License, without stipulations, or eligibility for licensure.
- This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required. Official transcripts are required. Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Reliable transportation for local area travel.
- Experience in Maternal concepts and clinical experience
- Experience in Mental Health concepts and Psychiatric clinical experience.
- Instruction takes place in classroom, clinical, and lab settings.
- Ability to communicate with students.
- Manual dexterity and ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Prior nursing teaching experience.
- Experience in the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing accreditation process.
- Previous experience with distance learning technology
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with active enrollment in a Masters of Science in Nursing program with anticipated graduation in less than two years.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.