CAD Product Developer
A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of structural and agriculture related products to meet specific customer needs. This position requires a demonstrated proficiency in 3D design software (SolidWorks preferred) which will be used extensively in this position. This person would be responsible for producing quick and accurate drawings and models and delivering projects on time. Must be able to manage complex projects including researching, designing and/or developing methods and materials which will increase operational efficiency. Position requires strong analytical ability with emphasis on problem solving. Must be able to analyze a problem, recommend a solution and drive the implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in project calls and meetings to understand the needs of a customer
- Utilize CAD software tools to create building blueprints including overall layouts and all relevant construction details.
- Utilize CAD modeling to develop new components and products, create part and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Develop practical solutions to unique challenges posed by a customer's requirements.
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve product design.
- Work with manufacturing personnel, both internal and external to improve design details
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
- Work on multiple projects while remaining highly organized.
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
- Knowledge of and experience with 3-D modeling software, SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Associate's degree or related experience.
- Experience in CAD and product development is preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High initiative with good communication skills and attention to detail
- Well-rounded technical and business skills, accountable, flexible.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and work through design issues both individually and as a team member.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Engineering Services & Products Company (ESAPCO) was founded in 1979 with the purpose of bringing the highest quality products at the most competitive prices with exceptional customer service directly to the agricultural, horticultural, building and retail trade communities. With this goal in mind, we have grown from a regional, two-person operation to one with corporate headquarters and sales call center located in South Windsor, CT and a manufacturing and distribution center located in Dyersville, IA. These multiple locations allow our dedicated team of sales and service professionals to service over 300,000 loyal and happy customers worldwide. Engineering Services & Products Company is a member of Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI), Lightweight Structures Association (LSA), American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program.
Engineering Services & Products Company offers greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, engineered buildings, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, temporary shelters, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, poultry products, livestock equipment and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home.
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:49:35 PDT