Director, IT Quality Management
Posting Date February 2, 2017
Position Title Director, IT Quality Management
Vacancy # V-1250
Department Program Management Office
Division Information Technology
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Director, IT Quality Management will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all processes and solutions designed by the internal business units, IT department and 3rd party development companies as a part of the new initiatives as well as ongoing operations. This person will be defining the Quality Assurance process and methodology as well as ensuring the quality and compliance of all deliverables. They will be required to develop or oversee the creation of validation and test plans, usage scenarios, test scripts, policies and procedures and manage the remediation efforts for work products and elimination or defects, risks and compliance issues of the systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delivering Results. As directed, responsible for supporting the maintenance of the ongoing monitoring and reporting processes that mitigate risk and ensure an effective control environment across: FERPA, PII, General IT Controls, NJ state, Federal and other device and service regulations as related to higher education.
• Customer Facing. Engage the business and understand business priorities and associated risks. Identify risk-mitigating options that enable / enhance business outcomes. When possible, identify opportunities for improvement across regulatory frameworks.
• Develop the Quality function across the University
• Oversee the testing of all IT systems changes and new implementations, including test plan development and review, defect resolution, test execution and sign off.
• QC vendor audits and management of a risk based audit universe
• Manage change control and associated tools
• Facilitate/govern/lead computer system quality control an assurance efforts
• Expand compliance awareness across the program and be the subject matter expert in Computer System Validation for IT, ensuring consistency and compliance to policies & procedures
• Manage the training coordinator function and associated tools across IT
• Improve general and IT risk management processes, policies, procedures.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
• Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
• Investigate Customer problems referred by technical support
• Inspects software, processes, equipment and employees to ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies, procedures and specifications
• Tests products and processes to establish functionality and effectiveness
• Determines what modifications are needed after testing
• Designs, develops and reviews test processes
• Develops and plans change implementation
• Documents results and observations after inspections and audits
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Review software documentation or and design documents to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
• Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
• Coordinate user or third party testing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Working knowledge of computer programs
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions
• Interprets a variety of technical information
• Experience with manual testing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Precise attention to detail
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review begins immediately and continues until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION