Clinical Core Operations Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Dean's Office - Undergraduate Medical Education
Clinical Core Operations Coordinator
Position #2984 - Requisition #09067
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
The School of Medicine Dean's Office (Undergraduate Medical Education) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Core Operations Coordinator position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
This position will take the lead on complex projects and will develop processes that align with CU and SOM policies, procedures and accreditation standards. Duties include: developing policies and procedures, providing guidance, and reviewing the work of others to ensure compliance; developing and maintaining program information, setting guidelines and operating policies as necessary, and providing support to the Assistant Dean of Integrated Curriculum the Assistant Dean of Clinical Core curriculum, and Sub-Internship (Sub-I) Director. Also, she/he is responsible for initiating, planning, and implementing curricular elements (i.e., coordination of committee meetings, classroom scheduling, handbook development and maintenance, syllabi and website management, and additional admin duties as needed) in the School of Medicine focusing on the Phase III/IV clinical curriculum, which includes the Phase III clinical blocks and Phase IV sub-internship courses.
Please review the complete job description, including specific examples of work performed, at https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/b36ef86e-7c84-4c6b-acd3-b7a6876a5eea.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $35,000 to $51,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. The salary range may be extended for School of Medicine internal applicants, dependent upon skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications or a related field at a higher education institution from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience with program coordination.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Professional level experience working in higher education.
- Experience within an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas).
- Experience with curriculum coordination.
- Experience working within the confines of complex rules, regulations and/or accreditation standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong skills in project management and change management are required.
- Exemplary organization, presentation, and leadership skills with an ability to work with little supervision independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures is a plus and skill set must be acquired quickly as changes are implemented.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Carlos.Miron@ucdenver.edu.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin April 10th, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20038 - SOME-DEAN EO UME
Posting Date: Apr 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: Carlos.Miron@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002984