PEOPLESOFT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
JOB NO.: 90167-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90167-AS
Working Title: PeopleSoft System Administrator
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A064320-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/DRMT
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 22, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $80,000 Maximum $110,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: No Degree Required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required:
* A minimum of three years demonstrating effective technical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications, with particular emphasis on Oracle PeopleSoft. (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Experienced with configuring and maintaining enterprise application software such as PeopleSoft.
* Ability to diagnose and solve highly complex problems with application and database management system infrastructure.
* Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
* Shows strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of effective relationships.
* Experience with PeopleSoft DPK and PUM technology
* Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle PeopleSoft Integration Broker.
* Experience with the Oracle database management system internals, commands, and basic database management tools such as RMAN and OEM.
* Experience with utilizing certificates with PeopleSoft technology stack.
* Experience with integrating SAML authentication with PeopleSoft technology stack.
* Experience or training with web servers such as WebLogic, Apache or IIS.
* Leadership or project management experience in enterprise technology environment.
Position Summary: The Data Resource Management Technology (DRMT) group, within UW-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT), is responsible for ensuring optimum performance, integrity, and availability of enterprise and departmental databases and their related infrastructure components, and for providing expert database services to faculty, students, staff, and administrators throughout the UW system. The Enterprise Databases and Enterprise Application Infrastructure for which DRMT is responsible are used by systems that support every campus in the UW system; the decisions and quality-of-work of the Database Administrators and Enterprise Resource Planning System Administrators (DBA) therefore have significant and immediate impact on the entire UW enterprise including HR, Financial and Student administrative operations.
This position is responsible for administration of highly complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (Oracle PeopleSoft ERP in specifically) as well as Oracle (DBMS) software, databases, and technology stack components.
Contact: Vickie Arneson
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline how your experience meets the required qualifications of the position.
Please Note- DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 04 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 2 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time