Student Conduct Director
The Director of Student Conduct provides comprehensive leadership, management, and vision for the University's Office of Student Conduct. The Director is responsible for administering the student conduct process and adjudicating alleged violations of the University's Code of Student Conduct. Additional responsibilities will include designing and implementing the training of students, faculty, and staff who assist with student conduct processes; implementing and serving on a committee for periodic review and modification of the university's Code of Student Conduct and University Housing Community Standards; successfully incorporating the philosophy of promoting student development while upholding university student conduct standards; awareness of national trends related to student rights and responsibilities, restorative justice, conflict management, writing goals and objectives, conducting assessments and leading long term departmental strategic planning.
Student Conduct Director
8Z440:DEAN OF STUDENTS
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for extended periods of time at a computer. Repetitive motion tasks. Occasional job-related travel. Potential to work with combative/violent people.
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Evenings and weekends as needed.
MS Access, MS Office (word, PowerPoint), Database Management
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Ph.D. Higher Education or Student Affairs, or JD
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The division of Student and Academic Life is a new unit within the Provost Office. Its mission is to support the commitment of the colleges to student success and academic excellence by linking the formal curriculum with the co-curriculum and extra-curriculum. Please describe an experience or situation wherein you worked collaboratively with faculty, an academic department, or a college and through that experience what you learned about faculty culture and/or how academics can undergird the co-curriculum/extra-curriculum experiences of students.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in working with student conduct and campus policies/procedures?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than UK's online employment system?
- Higher Ed Jobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed.com
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- A colleague, friend, and/or family member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter