Program Coordinator, Multiple Subject Program
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position is responsible for coordinating all program related duties within the Multiple Subject programs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years related experience in higher education or related field preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
The Program Coordinator for the Multiple Subject Program reports directly to the Administrative Manager, Department of Teacher Education, as part of a team of support staff that work as a team to serve credential and masters' programs in the Department. Specifically s/he will serve in the following capacities:
Serves as confidential assistant to the Multiple Subject Program Director. This includes:
- Acting as receptionist for the program and the Program Director, including appropriately preparing correspondence, responding to email, and tracking and following all program-related issues.
- Managing the schedule/calendar for both the Program Director and the Multiple Subject Program.
- Assisting Program Director with troubleshooting student issues and concerns, including student petitions, exceptions, and enrollment issues.
- Assisting Program Director in scheduling program courses at the Azusa and regional campuses, and online.
- Preparing reports as directed by Program Director or supervisor.
- Assisting with special projects as directed by Program Director or supervisor.
Serves as liaison between student and program. This includes:
- Coordinating the student admission process into the program from inquiry through admission.
- Communicating with students about program requirements and policies.
- Tracking and following all student-related issues concerning the Multiple Subject program.
- Monitoring the status of intern credential holders to ensure correct course enrollment and continuing mentor supervision.
- Collaborating with Office of Student Placements on issues pertaining to clinical practice and fieldwork.
- Monitoring and reviewing Taskstream for student completion of program requirements at all transition points.
- Confirming student completion of program requirements, providing this information to program director, credential analysts, Graduate Registrar, and others at program completion or as requested.
Provides support to full and adjunct faculty within the department. This includes:
- Coordinating with full and adjunct faculty to ensure timely preparation of adjunct contracts and faculty payment forms as necessary.
- Coordinating the beginning and end of term processes to ensure smooth transitions.
- Monitoring course enrollment and coordinating course schedule changes with program director and department personnel.
- Evaluating textbook needs and coordinating with bookstore on requisitions.
- Coordinating with ITT on course needs within online Sakai platform.
- Processing facility and room requests as needed.
Supports all functions of the Multiple Subject Program within the Department of Teacher Education. This includes:
- Creating and maintaining program files within the department.
- Coordinating and assisting with program workshops and department meetings, trainings, and events.
- Attending events, meetings, training and development opportunities as appropriate.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.