Radiation Safety Officer
Radiation Safety Officer
Assistant Director III
Risk Mgmt Services-Gen - 152600
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The University of North Texas Risk Management Services (RMS) is responsible for protecting and conserving university resources from large loss situations. RMS has identified resources in four major categories of loss: property, personnel, liability, and net income. The RMS Department is organized into the following major divisions to identify and address these risks and apply control measures for any exposures in the categories of loss:
* Environmental Management
* Emergency Management
* Insurance Management
The Risk Management Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Radiation Safety Officer to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate and manage all aspects of the radiation and laser safety programs at the University of North Texas.
* Ensure compliance with the institution's radiation licenses, registrations and all local, state, and federal regulations.
* Act as primary contact for regulatory agencies in matters involving radiation and laser work.
* Work with leadership, faculty, and staff in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, always striving for continual improvement.
* Prepare technical reports including annual rewrites/revisions to UNT Radiation Safety Manual and perform annual program evaluations.
* Respond to radiation safety emergencies, perform thorough investigations, and complete associated reporting.
* Facilitate audits of radiation and laser use areas to ensure compliance.
* Train and support personnel to facilitate safe and compliant work practices.
* Oversee the supervision of full-time personnel.
* Perform other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a culturally and professionally diverse community.
* Ability to lead and manage multiple operations; ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Capable of working side-by-side with faculty, staff, students, compliance, legal and other professionals to produce results that meet and/or exceed expectations.
* Capable of working with regulatory agencies and auditors to resolve issues and represent the institution in a positive manner.
* Knowledge of new regulations, trends, and best practices.
* Skill in the use of computers and technology associated with radiation/laser use and monitoring.
* Ability to supervise and train employees.
* Master's degree or higher in health physics or related field.
* Certified Health Physicist and/or other related credential(s).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting