Food Service Worker I
Food Service Worker I
Food Service Worker I - 9 mos
Catering - 163730
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Thu 7am - 2am; Fri 7am - 7pm; Sat - Sun 9am - 7pm
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
To learn more about working for UNT Dining, please watch our 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Catering Department at the University of North Texas has several unique positions available as a Food Service Worker II. These are permanent; full time benefit-eligible position that work 9 months out of the year (September to May) and employees are able to spread their pay for 12 months. Or better yet! Employees have the option to work during those, summer months and make more money!
The Kerr Hall Dining department is currently searching for a Food Service Worker I. This position will be located in the dish room area requiring one to work rapidly in cleaning and spot checking all dishware, glassware, and flatware, ensuring all cleaning supplies are stocked and assisting in keeping the kitchen and dining area clean and sanitized.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Keeps chemical dispensers for dish machine filled
* Performs assigned duties related to setting up line and salad bar
* Keeps serving area and salad bar supplied with dishes and other items as assigned
* Stores and maintains equipment properly
* Uses and stores cleaning products safely
* Uses personal protective equipment properly
* Uses test paper to keep sanitizing solution at proper concentration
* Keeps work area clean and orderly
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils
* Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting