Food Service Worker II - Corner Store
Food Service Worker II - Corner Store
Food Service Worker II (9 mos)
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours of operation: M-F 7:30 am - 7:30 pm, weekends and overtime as necessary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our future plans include a farm on campus to provide as many sustainable options as possible. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
To learn more about working in Dining, watch this 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory
The Retail Dining Services department is currently searching for a Cook. This is an experienced cook position, the responsibilities of which are primarily related to food preparation. This position will be responsible for brand compliance, training, and supervision of in-house and national brand operations. This requires strict supervision and training of staff to ensure food and/or beverages are ordered, prepared, and served as required in contracts for In House and national brands. This includes all policies, procedures, and all specs.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
* Communicates daily with cooks concerning interpretation of menus
* Follows planned menu
* Verifies that advance withdraws have been done properly
* Reviews recipes and maintains productions schedules through proper prep work, batch preparation, and cooking
* Follows recipes using correct products, ingredients and methods
* Confers with cooks on problems recipes
* Submits recipes for revision same day
* Tastes product to verify quality
* Assigns employees to alternate tasks when their daily routines are completed
* Monitors sharing and cleaning of equipment among employees to encourage teamwork
* Supervises effective garnishing/merchandising of all products throughout meal service
Work is performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor and the Food Service Manager. An employee in this position may direct and supervise the work of a Food Service Worker I and/or student workers.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess one year experience in institutional or commercial food service.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Strong knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils
* Strong knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous cooking experience
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting