Payment Analyst I
SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F 8-5 or flex schedule w/ some overtime if needed
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to our institutions, such as centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; contract management, budget administration, coordination of the Historically Underutilized Business program, and centralized administrative support services. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation and adaptability, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated PCard Analyst to join our team.
UNT System Business Support Services s is seeking to hire a PCARD Assistant to join our team.
The person in this position performs entry-level purchasing and procurement work. Work involves purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring adherence by cardholders and departments (customers) to policies and procedures and the UNT System Procurement Card Guidelines.
* Daily processing of procurement card requests.
* Effectively providing customer service to cardholders and departments via verbal and written communication.
* Auditing Pcard accounts for adherence to rules and policies and communicating with departments and cardholders regarding infractions.
* Reporting and record keeping.
* Ensuring that all job processes are documented and updated.
* Staying abreast of guidelines, standards, processes and regulations and being able to interpret policy and procedure to customers.
* Communicating program changes to customers.
* Recommending improvements to the program.
* Special projects as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and one year of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Knowledge of cost and audit accounting.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PeopleSoft experience
* State of Texas experience
* Higher Education experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting