Business Analyst II
Business Analyst II
Business Analyst II
SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8am- 5pm with flex and overtime as needed
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, and centralized administrative support services. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated Business Analyst II to join the financial security services team.
The System Business Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Business Analyst II to join our team. The Business Analyst performs complex (mid-level) ERP functional systems support work. Work involves providing support for departmental functional users for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications. Works closely with departments to analyze business processes and to identify business objectives and requirements related to ERP applications. Assists in the development of technology plans and strategies. Coordinates the planning and implementation of systems related projects. Provides end user training, resolution of problems or issues, testing of upgrades or changes, initiates requests for user security, creating reports, and recommending changes to existing user functionality. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assist in implementing new ERP functionality in conjunction with end users, ITSS staff and/or consultants.
* Perform need and fit/gap analysis, system functional setup and configuration, testing and data validation.
* Resolve ERP functionality issues in collaboration with ERP Functional Analysts and ITSS technical staff.
* Perform problem identification, provide specifications, testing, and signoff.
* Assist in resolving ERP application related issues and questions
* Work with other staff to improve processes and identify technical solutions to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness.
* Assign or remove ERP user security to manage access for new or terminating staff.
* Create new ERP security access roles to enable access to new system functionality.
* Modify existing security access roles if needs change or during upgrades.
* Develop or modify report queries and provide output to requestors
* Provide data extracts that support UNT System and component institution users.
* Document ERP business processes, both for internal functional or technical use and end-users.
* May assist is managing ERP and USAS (Uniform Statewide Accounting System) security.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to analyze varied courses of action and participate in strategic planning.
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work with considerable independence and initiative.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Texas Higher Education Experience.
* PeopleSoft Finance, Procure to Pay and/or Student Financial experience.
* Extensive problem solving, critical thinking, planning and project management skills.
* Understanding of business processes and ability to develop and assist in the implementation of business process and/or technology solutions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting