Food Service Worker II - Fuzzy's Tacos
Food Service Worker II - Fuzzy's Tacos
Food Service Worker II (9 mos)
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Join the University of North Texas Retail Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Food Service Worker II position is a Cook position in the UNT Retail Fuzzy's Tacos. This position will assist in the preparation and service of food and will perform general cleaning and other related tasks.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Communicates daily with cooks concerning interpretation of menus.
* Follows planned menus.
* Reviews recipes and maintains production schedules through proper pre-prep, batch preparation, and cooking.
* Monitors and assures quality of products while serving throughout meal service.
* Follows recipes using correct products, ingredients and methods.
* Tastes product to verify quality.
* Assigns employees to alternate tasks when their daily routine is completed.
* Monitors sharing and cleaning of equipment among employees to encourage teamwork.
* Supervises effective garnishing/merchandising of all products throughout meal service.
Duties are performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess one year experience in institutional or commercial food service.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Strong knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils
* Strong knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous Fuzzy's Tacos experience a plus
* Previous cooking experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
This is a full time position that works only during the 9 month regular school year.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting