CMMS Administrator - Database Analyst
CMMS Administrator - Database Analyst
IT Programmer Analyst III
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 40 hours
The Facilities division of Support and Services consists of two main functions; Facilities support, and campus services. We support Facilities staff and operations by managing the Facilities operating and project budget and finances, providing procurement liaison services (purchasing, contracts and invoicing), business analysis and reporting; serving as the Facilities customer service center for all University related maintenance and construction needs by being the primary line of communication between University faculty, staff, and students and the Facilities construction and maintenance departments; and overseeing the safety and training of Facilities employees by providing current training and proper protective equipment for all Facilities staff. Campus services consists of the Facilities Central Store, which stock and supply over 4,000 items to Facilities technicians and the rest of campus; and Automotive Services, which maintains and manages over 500 motorized vehicles and equipment items.
For additional information on the Facilities Support & Services department you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/support-services.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a IT Programmer Analyst III to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* This position oversees administration and operation of the Facilities Department's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Provide administrative, operational, and technical support to CMMS users and continually monitors system use to assure cost effective and timely use of the system.
* Maintains the CMMS database information.
* Coordinates with IT and Facilities Planning leadership and respective support staff to develop and provide reports that are relevant, informative, and maximize the value of the data accumulated.
* Reports to the Director of Facilities Support & Services.
* Implements and manages TMA that includes all UNT buildings, building systems, common areas, parking lots, landscaped areas, and equipment on campus.
* Establishes, interprets, administers, monitors and revises, as required, policies, procedures, and/ or standards for the implementation and effective use of the system; the management of data formats, data input, data administration, and data transfer between systems; implementation of software and training updates; and administration and control of the web interface and network login permissions.
* Utilizes end-user team approach in working with department leadership, support staff, and vendors in the provision and ongoing support of TMA.
* Maintains ongoing channels of communication to assure services are delivered in a satisfactory, cost effective, and timely manner.
* Coordinates with Support & Services, FPDC, Operations Management and respective support staff to develop and provide reports that are relevant, informative, and maximize the value of the data accumulated.
* Utilizes reports to monitor and report status of work orders, projects, labor usage, material usage and inventory, and preventive maintenance.
* Identifies savings opportunities and provides recommendations for the replacement of equipment.
* Coordinates with TMA and department leadership to provide an ongoing training program for the system.
* Trains and coaches the various users how to use the system cost effectively and consistent with established policies, procedures, and standards.
* Oversees administration and operation of additional Facilities Computerized Systems. Including but not limited to: PenBay and GIS Systems, Ward Fuel System, EMS Software, EnergyCap, and Utility Billing.
* Liaise with Space Management on the integration of information from FM Interact and TMA.
* Provide administrative, operational, and technical support to Facilities Software System users and continually monitors system use to assure cost effective and timely use of all systems. Maintains all database information.
* Reports to the Director of Facilities Support & Services.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and four years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems.
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Ability to evaluate Facilities operations and services and identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies.
* Must be able to take leadership role and initiative working with others in providing a customer-oriented computerized service environment.
* Experience with TMA CMMS preferred.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating & maintenance manuals, technical procedures, professional journals, and governmental codes and regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively present information or respond to questions from students, support staff, faculty, administrative staff or the general public.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, schedule, or mathematical form.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
* All applicants may be required to present a short presentation as a step in the interview process.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting