IT Specialist IV - Information Architect
IT Specialist IV - Information Architect
IT Specialist IV
Univ Relations Com & Mktng-Gen - 180000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the University Relations, Communications and Marketing department (URCM) collaborates with internal and external partners to:
* Advance and protect UNT's institutional identity and reputation.
* Reinforce and grow UNT's brand in graphics, images and words.
* Increase UNT's visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace.
* Support UNT's student recruitment, retention and graduation goals.
* Strengthen UNT's relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
The University Relations, Communications and Marketing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Specialist IV to join our team.
Works to design, prototype and develop websites that help fulfill UNT's mission and meet the university's recruitment and retention, academic, student life, fundraising and other initiatives. Seeks to continually evolve our web technology and user experience. Work may also involve assisting in analyzing user requirements and/or system documentation to develop or modify web applications. Work may also involve training and some supervision of web development personnel. Works under supervision with the considerable latitude for original creative thinking and planning, and considerable latitude in the execution of web assignments.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Creating wireframes that illustrate website layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization.
* Designing the interface and experience for a broad range of digital marketing deliverables: landing pages, websites, email campaigns and more.
* Developing and maintaining sitemaps and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas.
* Documenting design before handover to development teams for implementation.
* Creating navigational models that are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements.
* Working with development teams to make sure that the information architecture reflects customer needs.
* Collaborating with designers on visual comps and providing input from an information architecture perspective.
* Collaborating with writers, developers and fellow designers to take a project from initial idea to final product.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience using google analytics.
* Experience in user experience vision, strategy, innovation, design and implementation.
* Experience with usability studies, scripts, tests, analysis and reports.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks.
* Ability to successfully evaluate, document and communicate business requirements for web application projects.
* Strong analytical skills and demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting