Director of Marketing and Membership
Director of Marketing and Membership
Assistant Director III
Advancement Services Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; occasional evenings and weekends
The mission of the Division of University Advancement is to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing and continuing mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, donors, and friends of the university that result in gifts of time, expertise, and philanthropic support.
The University of North Texas Alumni Association is seeking to hire a Director of Marketing and Membership to join the team.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the UNT Alumni Association, this position is responsible for strategic planning and execution of membership campaigns for the Alumni Association to drive membership and philanthropic support to the University and Association. This includes responsibility for the strategic communications function of the Alumni Office and the Alumni Association. Responsible for all communication modes and mediums including ensuring, developing, and aligning the Alumni Association and UNT brands appropriately. This position is also responsible for all components of the membership dues program and other various revenue generating functions.
* Develops and implements annual marketing and membership plan and budget.
* Develops, implements and coordinates external and internal communication initiatives.
* Implements and oversees the development, production and mailing of all membership acquisition, renewal and sustaining efforts.
* Monitors results of membership marketing and provides analysis and implements changes as appropriate.
* Procures new corporate/affinity partner agreements and fulfills existing contracts.
* Provides leadership in creating new, innovative approaches and solutions in marketing strategy, production and planning processes.
* NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties or job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the Department.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* A Master's degree in communications or related field.
* Professional/direct experience in a dues-based organization.
* Awareness of and proficiency in best practices regarding communication tools and trends.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Outcome driven.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting
Chronicle.com; CASE website