Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Athletics - 220000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some Weekends and Evenings
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director of Men's Basketball Operations.
Under direct supervision of the Head Basketball Coach, the Director of Basketball Operations is responsible for coordinating all aspects of basketball operations for the University of North Texas basketball team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinates all aspects of basketball team travel.
* Completes all necessary documents to have team travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the season.
* Submit all necessary bids per the State of Texas and University policies for all buses and hotels.
* Reconciles all team travel in a timely manor.
* Coordinates all aspects of prospective athletes official visits, recruiting weekends, coaches recruiting travel, and overall recruiting coordination.
* Completes all necessary documents to have recruiting travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the recruiting trip.
* Reconciles all recruiting travel in a timely manor.
* Submit necessary documents to create requisitions for hotels during official visits if needed.
* Works directly with Academic and Compliance units assuring NCAA compliance and student athlete eligibility for basketball team.
* Completes all task necessary to track prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility.
* Assist with day to day basketball activities allowed per NCAA rules.
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
* Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
* Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in basketball operations or coaching.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting