Food Service Worker I
Food Service Worker I
Food Service Worker I - 9 mos
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Saturday 7:00AM to 7:30PM , Hours Vary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Retail Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas has several unique positions available as a Food Service Worker II. These are permanent; full time benefit-eligible position that work 9 months out of the year (September to May) and employees are able to spread their pay for 12 months. Or better yet! Employees have the option to work during those, summer months and make more money!
The Food Service Worker I position is an entry-level food service position in the Retail Dining Department. This position will assist in the preparation and service of food and will perform general cleaning and other related tasks. Work assignments are given in the form of written or verbal instructions and are performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Manager.
Additional job duties include but are not limited to:
* Operates a cash register
* Assists with food pre-preparation and service
* Maintains a clean work environment
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils
* Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Great work ethics
* Outgoing personality
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new Union Retail Dining operations.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting