Senior Cost Accountant
Our client a global leader in consumer products is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant.
The success of this role is dependent on a passion to provide solutions, as well as an extraverted personality to work in a close-knit and dynamic merchandise design manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with controller and operation management to track cost savings projects. Ensure that cost savings are measure appropriately.
- Calculate, analyze, account for, and report monthly cost variances for direct materials, direct labor, indirect labor and manufacturing overhead.
- Execute and maintain procedures for accurately and consistently calculating production rates, downtime, change-over times and other plant or department performance measures.
- Work with controller to track cost savings projects. Ensure that cost savings are measure appropriately.
- Calculate and report yields, material usage variances, labor variances and other inventory losses.
- Establish procedures for yield validation and simplify this effort in order to cross train and drive execution.
- Maintain an accurate perpetual inventory. Work with other departments to conduct and reconcile physical inventory cycle counts and analyze and report variances.
- Maintain the line items for direct materials, labor and overhead on the bill of material or recipe for each product.
- Assist sales with product pricing using an already defined methodology.
- Develop management reports for plants and corporate to support decision making. Perform special projects as needed.
- Process journal entries as necessary and support staff accountant duties when required.
- Generate, collect and report on daily, weekly and monthly key performance indicators, and work with the various stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the processes affecting KPI results.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- 5-8 years cost experience in a manufacturing company
- Proven ability to collect, analyze, and draw conclusions from data of varying complexity, including but not limited to plant labor and productivity, manufacturing variances, key performance metrics, new item pricing, customer/item margin analysis, bills of materials, etc.
- Comfortable working with and presenting recommendations to all levels of the organization, including senior management and operations
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with large automated accounting systems and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 14:31:08 PDT