Family Medicine - 300690
The Department of Family Medicine/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine is a multifaceted, interdisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare providers and researchers who are committed to providing excellence in clinical care, primary care education, and research. Through innovative curricular designs, early clinical experiences, and mentorship, the Department is focused on producing highly competent, caring, and compassionate Family Medicine physicians, helping reduce the shortage of primary care physicians in our Texas communities.
UNT Health is seeking to hire a LVN for the Family Medicine Seminary Clinic.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Performs triage on telephones.
* Returns patient calls according to policy and documents all patient call encounters.
* Assist physicians during clinical visit.
* Completes physician orders on a daily basis without error.
* Verifies lab, x-ray and other reports.
* Refills prescriptions with physicians guidance.
* May obtain blood and/or other specimens for lab test, give injections when requested.
* Accurately calculates dosage injectable medications.
* Possesses the ability to work as a team member and has the ability to maintain a positive attitude, cohesive work environment, and enthusiasm to assist in performing quality delivery of healthcare.
* Adapts to procedures for individual/clinic needs without
jeopardizing patient safety and quality of care.
* Maintains good, positive working relationship with physicians and staff members.
* Follows all departmental and organizational policies and
procedures with regard to patient safety, quality management, infection control, and human resources.
* Completes patient forms as necessary utilizing the Electronic Medical Record.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
* Two years of experience in a patient care area
* A valid Texas LVN License
* A current CPR (BLS) certificate
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Family Medicine Experience
* Experience with in office procedures and set-up
* Inventory control is preferred
* Supervisor and training experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
A valid Texas LVN License
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled