NamUs Analyst (Case Analysis)
NamUs Analyst (Case Analysis)
Center for Human ID - 304600
About the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs):
On any given day, there are between 80,000 and 90,000 active missing person cases on file with law enforcement agencies across the United States, and over 11,000 active unidentified decedent cases, many of which have remained unsolved for decades. The sheer volume of missing and unidentified person cases poses one of the greatest challenges to law enforcement, medical examiners, and coroners across the country. Most of these cases can only be solved through collaboration, communication, and connection to critical forensic and analytical resources. NamUs fills this need by bringing people, information, forensic science, and technology together to help resolve missing and unidentified person cases across the United States. For more information about NamUs, please visit www.NamUs.gov.
About NamUs at the UNT Health Science Center:
NamUs is a grant-funded program of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ). Since 2011, NamUs has been administered by the UNT Health Science Center (UNTHSC) through a cooperative agreement with the NIJ. For more information about NamUs at the UNT Health Science Center, visit http://www.untfsu.com/NamUs/Overview.html.
UNTHSC is a values-based organization, committed to serving others first. For more information on our organizational values, please visit https://www.unthsc.edu/values/.
The Center for Human ID Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a NamUs Analyst to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Respond to requests for information from assigned NamUs Regional System Administrators and other NamUs stakeholders by performing database searches and providing analytical reports and other analytical work products.
* Compile, maintain, and report monthly statistics and success stories related to analytical services provided, for inclusion in monthly and bi-annual NamUs program updates and other communications activities.
* Assist with data cross-reference projects and input of missing person cases in NamUs to increase the number of cases entered in the NamUs MP database.
* Compile data requested through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests at the direction of the Director of NamUs Forensic and Analytical Services.
* Participate in the creation of training curriculum and enhancements of NamUs analytical services, as assigned.
* Present NamUs analytical services to internal and external stakeholders.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Information Technology, Intelligence Analysis or related field and 3 years of related experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, to include creating custom tables and queries in Access.
* Working knowledge of records databases such as Accurint for Government Plus, CLEAR, and Lexis-Nexis.
* Previous experience as a Research Analyst, Intelligence Analyst, Case Analyst, Data Scientist, or other position that required the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to analyze data and creatively problem-solve.
* Experience with GIS mapping, creating analytical or research reports, or using software to create maps, charts, or outreach/awareness materials is also preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Applicants for this position are required to submit a writing sample in the form of a report, crime bulletin or newsletter, academic paper, etc.
This is not a remote position. The selected candidate will work from the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled