Director of Community Outreach
Local Title: Director of Community Outreach
Generic Title: Director 2
Reports to: Dean of School of Business
NEW JERSEY CITY UNIVERSITY - NJCU
Standing on a foundation of more than 85 years of tradition and success in educating the students of Hudson County and the state, New Jersey City University is poised for tremendous growth and impact. Our future is bold, our vision is ambitious and our mission could not be more important.
NJCU’s vision is to be an outstanding state and regional institution, educating the leaders of tomorrow and to advance the well-being of the people of New Jersey through the creation and dissemination of knowledge. To realize this vision, we have set a course to elevate the University to historic heights and set a big agenda for the future.
Under the bold and energetic leadership of President Sue Henderson and building on the momentum of Jersey City’s continued renaissance NJCU is focused on transforming itself and propelling the next chapter of Jersey City’s future through strategic investment in four key drivers:
• Enhancing student success
• Building a dynamic School of Business
• Investing in Health & Sciences
• Elevating the arts
Community Engagement and Relations Specialist
- Work closely with the University President, the Dean of the School of Business, and Senior Leadership Team to develop the university strategic approach to community engagement in line with current priorities and emerging needs. Coordinates and participates in the establishment and support of assigned projects and initiatives for the President’s Office relating to the local community including business and local government entities. Implements programs and coordinates projects that enhance, support and maintain a highly productive community relations effort. Helps to differentiate NJCU as a real partner for community development and success. Develop program goals and strategic business plans to increase public/stakeholder support and awareness for the NJCU School of Business. Manage program direction, function, communication, and related activities and events. Plan, coordinate and market high profile events and strategies, involving the School of Business to area businesses and other revenue generating events to advance the university in the community, state and region. Partner with the NJCU School of Business to support and promote a unified business vision and operational team. Respond to the public, the Mayor's Office, City Council staff, and city departments to provide oversight on major projects, chair ad hoc task forces, address issues and present information to support the NJCU mission. Develop communication strategies, create and implement marketing and advertising plans, and produce online, social media and print collateral. In the Business Development Incubator, responsible for coordinating the activities by working collaboratively with the Incubator tenants and clients, business service providers and the business service community. Oversees and facilitates the operation of the business by coordinating services and developing and providing business development assistance to incubator tenants and clients. Oversight of the day-to-day operations inclusive of marketing the facility, recruiting potential tenants, and making recommendations. Strengthen the small business support network by coordinating the delivery of service to tenants and clients and working closely with business service providers to facilitate tenant and client success. Manages funds by planning and developing the incubator budget. Conducts business counseling with tenants and clients on an individual basis.
Master’s Degree; Four years of experience and involvement in programs that involved public relations, marketing, policy development or volunteer management. Interested applicants must be advocates of education, business and public service. Individuals interested in this position must demonstrate successful experience in the following areas:
- Experience in higher education and in managing partnerships with industry as well as with state and federal agencies involved in grants and contract management, Experience developing innovative and for profit programs with universities and public and private agencies. Experience preparing and managing budgets; Experience supervising professional staff; Ability to operate effectively in highly political environments with a minimum of supervision. Communicated and presented complex information to wide variety of audiences, resulting in positive outcomes. Garnered support, shaped opinions, and achieved program goals and objectives on a strategic level. Present the program. Developed short-term and long-term program and communication strategies. Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills. Commitment to high standards of service appropriate acumen to develop and maintain healthy relationships while firmly administering business needs at all levels. Supported program directives in times of disagreement. Professional and calm demeanor in stressful or emergent situations. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups from different cultural backgrounds Managed conflict, facilitated discussions and developed agreements to reach resolution.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: April 18, 2017
Apply for Director of Community Outreach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly