Director of Administration and Finance
Director of Administration and Finance
Job Number: 74486
Director of Administration and Finance - School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences The Earth System Science department in the School of Earth Energy & Environmental Sciences is currently seeking an experienced administrative manager with strong leadership skills to provide management and coordination of all administrative functions for the department. The director serves as the senior administrative manager of the department and has overall responsibility for administrative and operational functions, including finance, personnel administration, faculty support, student services, research administration, facilities and property management, and health and safety.
The department is comprised of approximately 22 faculty, 25 staff, 60 graduate students and 30 post-doctoral scholars. The director is the primary liaison with other offices within the School and the university and also serves to represent the Earth System Science department and its administrative concerns as appropriate. This position reports jointly to the Department Chair and the Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration in the school's Dean's office. Areas of responsibility for this position include*: General Administration Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the department's business processes and practices, and their consistency with University and School policies and guidelines. Financial Management Direct all fiscal operations for the department, including:
- Development of budget plans and resource allocation in response to departmental needs and goals.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management of individual accounts and transactions, ensuring that all relevant regulations and policies are adhered to, appropriate cost controls are in place and necessary records are maintained
- Manage departmental administrative staff and/or acts as administrative supervisor in cases where administrative staff report directly to faculty.
- Work closely with School Human Resources Officer and central offices in administering various personnel functions.
- Oversee personnel transactions for faculty, staff and students.
- Provide administrative support for faculty recruitment, appointment and promotion procedures.
- Manage proposal development and submittal process; supervise the staff who work closely with the PI and OSR to ensure that agency requirements and university policies are adhered to.
- Oversee post-award processing and awards management, working closely with OSR, the PI and other relevant entities. Establish mechanisms whereby projects are managed effectively from award through project close-out, including all necessary financial reporting.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of all department facilities and equipment
- Serve as the department representative on all facilities and renovation projects
- Oversee and coordinate faculty and staff moves within departmental facilities
- Maintain/manage current department space and equipment inventories.
* - Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A cover letter and resume are required for your application to be considered for this position
Location: School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.