ECONOMIC ANALYST -- dt
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
• Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
• At least 9 years of experience in analysis, including, interpreting economic, geographical, and socioeconomic trends and data, including:
• At least 4 years of specialized experience utilizing specialized business intelligence and analytics software such as Qlik and/or Tableau, including:
• Experience utilizing a variety of office software, including: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Share Point, and MS Outlook.
• Expert at applying economic theory and knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to study data and statistics and use understanding of economic relationships to uncover trends and forecast data
• Demonstrated ability to draft advanced-level reports and graphics in MS Excel
• Superior writing, presentation, and communication skills
• Ability to perform cumbersome tasks, such as, repetitively reviewing disparate and ad hoc data in lists
• Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Economic Analyst provides support to the Visa Office while assigned to the Office of the Executive Director, Post Analysis and Support Division (CA/EX/PAS). The Economic Analyst provides analysis for visa-related data and information for high-level Government staff. This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in data analysis; tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compile and comprehend a vast amount of visa metrics and provide specialized advice based on the application of economic theory and knowledge.
- Prepare and present information on consular functions overseas, including workload and resource data, management controls, and staffing allocations.
- Provide various analyses that affect allocation of resources at consular sections around the world.
- Study data and statistics and use an understanding of economic relationships to uncover and report trends.
- Perform a considerable amount of research and amass large amounts of information.
- Recognize indicators that affect the visa process and forecast data.
- Examine data in order to assess the feasibility of various scenarios.
- Produce forecasts based on historical information and plausible trends.
- Assist with determining the staffing needs of resources abroad.
- Determine the implications of analysis and findings through formal reports.
- Make recommendations of ways to improve the efficiency of the forecasting process.
- Prepare complex data reports, letters, and briefings using specialized software.
- Apply an advanced use of Microsoft (MS) Excel, including macros, advanced formulas, charting, and lists.
- Use advanced business analysis and statistical software to present future analyses that include sophisticated, valuable visual displays of data for improved decision-making about allocation of resources.
- Advise CA, VO, and other government agencies.
- May be assigned special projects.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 13:01:52 PDT