Graduate Assistant - Exercise Physiology
Graduate Assistant for the Exercise Physiology Department
The University of Mary invites applications for a graduate assistant for the Exercise Physiology Department. This 9-month appointment begins September 2017 and has the possibility of being renewed for a second year.
- Bachelor of Science degree, major in Exercise Science.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary.
- Must support higher education in a Benedictine tradition.
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Exercise Science and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
The Teaching Assistant (TA) position involves approximately 20 hours/week, assisting with:
- Completion of laboratory inventory of equipment and supplies
- EXS 336 Exercise Physiology labs and grading labs
- EXS 336 Exercise Physiology lab competency testing
- EXS 455 Advanced Exercise Physiology lab activities,
- EXS 452 Cardiopulmonary Rehab labs
- EXS 452 Cardiopulmonary Rehab competency skills and case testing
- EXS 466 Senior Seminar II data collection and electronic portfolio assignment
- EXS 420 Exercise Prescription Personalized Exercise Program (PEP) skills review workshop, initial and final assessments, exercise prescription development, and program implementation (initial exercise)
- Proctoring exams
- Development of emergency procedure quiz for Exercise Clinic and PEP
- Emergency Procedures review protocols and practice scenarios monthly
The University of Mary Exercise Physiology Department consists of the Exercise Science Program, Bachelor of Science degree, and Clinical Exercise Physiology Program, Master of Science degree. Both programs in the department involve a clinical emphasis in the curriculum, practice standards and domains published by the American College of Sports Medicine, research experience, and fieldwork/internship experience. The Department of Exercise Physiology also serves the community via a pro bono Exercise Clinic, staffed by graduate and undergraduate students and supervised by faculty.
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri River and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Exercise Physiology Department is part of the School of Health Sciences. The School provides a stimulating academic environment with excellent collaborative relationships with the other programs such as exercise science, athletic training, clinical exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, speech language pathology, and respiratory care.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Preference will be given to graduate students accepted into the University of Mary Master of Science Clinical Exercise Physiology Program (MSCEP).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Graduate Assistant - Exercise Physiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly