Internship Program Manager
Internship Program Manager
Stanford in New York
The Internship Program Manager for Stanford in New York is located in Manhattan and is responsible for the continued development and oversight of the internship component of the Stanford undergraduate program in New York City, including student advising and alumni relations. The position works responsibly and collaboratively with the Program Director and staff, Stanford University campus resources, as well as New York industry, government, and nonprofit institutions to bring meaningful academically based internship experiences to Stanford students in a variety of disciplines.
- Manage the internship program for Stanford in New York, analyze effectiveness, and make decisions on program components Cultivate and manage relationships with partner organizations, the NYC community and university liaisons Advise students on a range of experiential learning components of program, including but not limited to: preparation and process, internship goals, career plans and professional development Develop and implement career and professional development programming, make strategic recommendations for future programs Analyze and develop report requirements and student facing communications Manage alumni engagement with program
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience required, or combination of education and relevant experience; advanced degree desirable.
- Experience advising or working with undergraduate students desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office Suite; proficiency in Salesforce (preferred) or other customer relationship management or database program.
- Experience with human resources, college recruiting, or other career services industries desirable.
- Contacts and a strong New York-based network in one or more of the following fields/industries desirable: media or local and international government.
- Must be able to work somewhat variable hours, with some evenings or weekends.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) and the Stanford in New York program
The mission of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) is to partner with Stanford faculty, staff, and students to produce and educate knowledgeable, engaged citizens and creative, confident leaders for our future world. https://undergrad.stanford.edu/
Stanford in New York presents students with distinctive opportunities for engagement with one of the world's most dynamic cities. Through an intensive academic quarter of study, reflective practice, and experiential learning in New York, students hone their intellectual skills and capacities, develop their abilities as adaptive learners and enlarge their creative confidence: https://undergrad.stanford.edu/stanford-in-new-york
Relocation assistance for this position is not available. If you’re ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online: http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu and click on Job Search and enter 74507 in the keyword search field.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.