Professional Expert Online Course Design & Accessibility
Professional Expert ­ Online Course Design & Accessibility
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
SALARY: $25.00 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 04/03/17
CLOSING DATE: 04/30/17 11:59 PM
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
THIS IS A PART­TIME TEMPORARY POSITION
ALL INTERVIEW WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PERSON
Monterey Peninsula College's Online Education Support Team is seeking a professional expert to assist with online course design. MPC is currently in the process of migrating courses from the Moodle Learning Management System to Canvas. Under the direction of the Dean of Instruction responsible for Online Education, the Professional Expert would work with the College's Online Education Support Team to assist faculty in the migration of existing Moodle courses to the College's new Canvas Learning Management System.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Assist faculty with the migration of online courses from the Moodle Learning Management System to Canvas.
• Assisting faculty with the design and development of online courses­­including course content, video, activities, and assessments­­that meet accessibility requirements (i.e. ADA and Section 508).
• Assisting with the review and modification of existing online course content to ensure compliance with accessibility requirements (i.e. ADA and Section 508).
• Assisting with the development of online faculty support resources including guidelines for online instruction, student orientation, and other professional development resources.
• Working in collaboration with the College's Online Instructional Technology Specialist to provide technical support for online faculty and students.
• A working knowledge of web design (HTML and CSS), web standards, and accessibility requirements (i.e. ADA, Section 508).
• Previous experience with one or more learning management systems. (Canvas preferred).
• Coursework or work experience in Instructional Technology, Web design, Educational Technology, or related fields.
• Experience teaching online courses OR providing academic support services (such as advising, tutoring, or library services) to online students.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Assignment Start Date: Immediately
Assignment End Date: August 30, 2017
Anticipated Salary: $25.00
Hours Per Week: 29
Schedule: To Be Determined