SCANNING TECHNICIAN -- dt
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
SCA WAGE DETERMINATION (WD): Peripheral Equipment Operator (WD Code 14150)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
• HS diploma or GED, and;
• One (1) year of office experience in a high volume production environment, including;
• One (1) year of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word and MS Outlook.
• Good hand-eye coordination and data entry skills.
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures.
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting at least 50 pounds, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, moving/stacking boxes, removing staples, paper-clipping, sorting, filing, loading documents into scanner and reading.
• Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis.
• Ability to provide basic customer service skills.
The Scanning Technician supports short-term, high-volume, record retirement and archiving projects. Scanning Technicians are responsible for converting archival materials to digital format using high-resolution scanners with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Pull records, verify alphabetical order and ensure they are retrievable, make file folders, box up records, type manifests, record file numbers and other identifiers, and retire to file rooms.
• Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file rooms/cabinets.
• Utilize work procedures and search techniques using current and historical (manual and electronic) filing systems used by VO.
• Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing.
• Properly handle fragile and sensitive archival materials.
• Obtain and return remote files as assigned.
• Prepare files for retention, disposition, and retrieval purposes.
• Support the preparation of materials for scanning.
• Operate high-speed scanning equipment linked to VO databases.
• Scan applications, photos, supporting documents, etc. and import in VO systems; correct color and manipulate images as required using provided software; burn digital images to DVD, removable hard drives, or other storage media.
• Perform basic data entry.
• Record technical, item, and structural metadata in spreadsheets.
• Enter descriptive metadata into VO management systems.
• Perform quality control on scanned material.
• Calibrate all components of scanner and computer work station on a regular basis.
• Box and archive files for mailing and/or storage purposes.
• Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct corresponding documents.
• Receive and load pallets and individual packages into FedEx, UPS, USPS or other transportation carrier vehicles. Offload/move heavy materials from the office utilizing either an electric or manual pallet jack.
• Maintain schedules, tabulate daily production statistics, and provide daily reports on file-room activities directly to the Government File Room Chief.
• Assist in orienting and training new associates.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:39:59 PDT