Sales Executive - Institutional Fixed Income
Responsible for generating revenue by working an assigned database of leads and accounts, and building account relationships by utilizing the appropriate resources of the firm. Identify and understand clients' long term needs, and provide them with access to solutions offered by our in-house resources in an effort to form a strategic and consultative relationship. Identify and maximize opportunities to sell all of the firm's services by referring and cross selling with specialist departments. A special focus is required on qualifying and developing large sales opportunities, follow up, opening new accounts, and increasing sales revenue of existing accounts.
We are looking to fill roles in the following cities: New York NY, Dallas TX, San Francisco CA, Minneapolis MN, Chicago IL, Jersey City, NJ, Hartford CT, Philadelphia PA, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, St. Louis MO, Atlanta GA, Raleigh NC, and Memphis TN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Successful completion of the in-house sales training program.
- Contact assigned database of sales leads, maintaining an average call volume of 60-80 calls and 3-4 hours of phone time per day. Leads are assigned at the discretion of management.
- Exhibit a high level of self-motivation, drive and sales skill, demonstrating continuous progress toward accomplishing/exceeding annual sales goals.
- Utilize solution-selling techniques to form strategic partnerships with clients.
- Strengthen existing relationships while maximizing revenue.
- Introduce and present all of the firm's services to accounts and prospects, and refer qualified opportunities to other sales departments.
- Utilize the sales support and marketing literature that is provided in the sales system to build relationships with leads and accounts.
- Maintain a high level of organization and time management to follow up effectively on all sales related activity.
- Enter all pertinent information, accurately and consistently, into our database and adhere to all Database Management procedures.
- Attend and become an active participant of coaching sessions, sales meetings, and training seminars on a regular basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics.
- A minimum of three years of related sales experience and training. Institutional, fixed income sales experience preferred.
- Previous track record of success in an inside sales capacity required.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as bonds, financial market indices, rates, articles, contracts, instructions and reports. Ability to write routine customer correspondence and make presentations. Superior written and verbal communication skills, negotiation skills and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or with high level employees of an organization. Exceptional sales skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism over the phone and in person. Consistently friendly, courteous and respectful of customers, prospects and co-workers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest rates, commissions, proportions, percentages, amortizations (basic bond match skills).
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Skilled in reading, interpreting and strategizing based on IP information. Ability to multi task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Windows PC applications with a focus on MS Outlook and Word. Proficient in the Bloomberg system. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to in-house sales programs and other systems as necessary.
Job Type :
Required experience :
- Fixed Income Sales: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Series 7 and 63
Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, First Empire Securities, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned, full-service institutional brokerage firm. Since 1984, our firm has been a strategic partner to institutional clients in the development of fixed income investment solutions.
Our many years of success has resulted from exceptional client service, as well as recruiting and retaining motivated business professionals. One of the hallmarks of First Empire's success is our commitment to our employees, many of whom have been with the company since its inception. As we continue to attract premier talent to our organization, we resolve to support our team-based approach to ensure the ongoing success of the firm - and the employees that helped get us there.
First Empire Securities and its affiliates are seeking qualified business professionals who show that they are ready and able to fulfill our client service philosophy and team-based approach to business.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:02:14 PDT