Certified Athletic Trainer II
Certified Athletic Trainer II
California State University, Fresno
$3,900 - $4,250 per month, depending on experience and qualifications. This position includes full benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Under direction of the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine, incumbent performs a number of support functions to assist in the overall operation of the Athletic Department, with emphasis in Athletic Training/Sports Medicine. Planned sport assignment will be the first assistant with the Football program. Typical duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer treatment to student-athletes as needed for injuries
- Assist with the supervision and training of athletic training students and graduate student interns in all aspects
of therapeutic treatment, athletic training room operations, and athletic event coverage both home and away,
in the capacity of a clinical instructor
- Travel to away games with sports as needed and assigned
- Maintain up to date electronic treatment records as well as facility paper files
- Assist with the inventory of athletic training supplies and inventory of Prescription Drug program.
- Plan and supervise rehabilitation programs for student-athletes, make necessary medical referrals, assist in
the determination of athletes' ability to safely compete
- Assist in the screening and selection of athletic training students for curriculum admission as requested
- Assist athletic training students to prepare for certification examination
- Athletic training oversight for secondary sports as assigned
- Assure that all activities operate in compliance with NCAA, MWC and University rules and regulations.
Report any violations, or suspected violations, to the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year institution with an Athletic Training, Kinesiology or Health- related major course of study.
- Minimum two years of experience as an athletic trainer at the Division I collegiate level
- NATA Certified
- Familiarity with NCAA regulations regarding supplements and health and safety of student athletes.
- Excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to:
o Work cooperatively with coaches, staff, faculty, students and members of the community o Appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
o Perform all duties with integrity and professionalism
o Work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends
- Ability and willingness to support the equity and diversity commitments of the department
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic
backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Preferred Specialized Skills:
- Master's degree in a course of study as described above is preferred
- Three or more years of experience as a full-time athletic trainer at the Division I collegiate level
- Experience using FMS or similar programming in the area of injury prevention
Deadline to Apply:
First review of applications will be April 14, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
An Athletic Corporation Application, a resume, and a list of three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is required
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Thank you for your interest in a non-faculty position with the Athletic Corporation of California State University, Fresno.
The Athletic Corporation of California State University, Fresno is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Applicants will be considered without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. The Athletic Corporation actively seeks and encourages applications from members of all underrepresented groups. The Athletic Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunities to men and women CSU students in all campus programs, including intercollegiate athletics. The Athletic Corporation is associated with the University; however, employees of the Corporation are not employees of the University or the State of California.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, crime report statistics are available at http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/.
Background investigations will be conducted, as required, depending upon the job requirements of a position. These could include, but are not limited to, processing of fingerprints through the Department of Justice and degree and license verifications. An offer of employment may or may not be extended based upon the results of these verifications.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
Pursuant to Executive Order 883, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.