We are currently seeking a talented and enthusiastic Technical Architect to join Association Management Center (AMC) in Chicago. Association Management Center is a trusted partner and serves as headquarters to 32 healthcare, trade, and professional associations. AMC has a staff of more than 225 association professionals. Based primarily on staff reviews, AMC has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois four times in the previous six years. The award reflects a positive culture and a high level of employee engagement.
The individual will be part of the Technology team at AMC. The candidate must possess exceptional technical skills, communication skills and a track record of solving business problems using creative application of technology.
The purpose of this position is to apply best practices and standards to ensure technology systems are designed, developed and maintained at a high degree of quality, extensibility to benefit AMC clients and to deliver economies of scale across our client base. Technical Architect will liaise with stakeholders, developers, analysts to ensure the correct technical implementation strategy is set, understood and executed for various web, desktop, mobile and database applications. Technical Architect will create reusable components to accelerate applications development and reduce rework, translate business requirements into technical requirements and lay the groundwork for a strong application that will perform well to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the technical architecture for applications and systems supported by the AMC technology team including the Association Management System (Personify), ecommerce applications, web sites, integrations across 10+ external systems using Data Services, data warehousing and new product development. (20%)
- Participate in business requirements gathering for technology projects and arrive at a technical architecture that will support short & long term goals for the product. Create technical design documents that illustrate a blueprint for web, integration and business intelligence applications. (20%)
- Create reusable base classes, components that can be extended for each project's and client's needs. Independently design, code, and test major features as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex solutions. (25%)
- Create operational, security requirements for applications, design solutions that use resources optimally. Communicate project technical requirements to other developers and take the technical leadership role to solve difficult problems. (10%)
- Set and monitor application development guidelines, protocols including coding guidelines, unit testing, source code repository usage, software build and release strategies; Perform regular code reviews to improve overall code quality, performance & maintainability; Perform regular performance testing of applications and execute strategies to remedy underperforming applications. (20%)
- Mentor developers and help drive completion of project deadlines. Coach junior team members, including providing on-the-job training. Promote teamwork in problem resolution. Foster an environment of open discussion, debate, and questioning while always maintaining professionalism and respect for others. (5%)
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and demonstrated experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent AND 10+ years of experience in senior development/architect roles.
- 10+ years' experience in technology, developing software using Microsoft technology such as Asp.Net, VB.Net/C#.Net, Web Forms, MVC, Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, HTML 5, SQL Server, Data Services.
- 5+ years' experience in a lead technical role.
- 2+ years' experience working with a global team including offshore/ outsourced employees;
- Working knowledge of the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack environment is a plus
- Experience designing, implementing and monitoring an ecosystem of integrations with third party products using XML Web Services, Data Services and WCF.
- Knowledge of standard Design Patterns, REST, Service Oriented Architecture and cloud computing technologies such as Azure, Amazon Web Services.
- Must have worked in multiple application development philosophies including waterfall, agile & test driven development;
- Must have performed code reviews and demonstrated measurable improvements to overall quality of software development;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills. Expert level skills in system architecture, application development design & development with emphasis on simple, extendable solutions that perform well under high load;
- Ability to understand business requirements and balance technical excellence with business constraints such as time to market, cost & schedule;
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives;
- Ability to translate business needs into technical architecture requirements;
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems; Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies. Good understanding of technology trends & technical vision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Ability to interact & dialogue with stakeholders, project manager & developers to arrive at an optimal IT solution to business problems.
A trusted partner for over 40 years, Association Management Center (AMC) is committed to helping associations. This commitment is realized through collaboration, strategic leadership, and providing the tools needed to foster growth.
AMC is located in Chicago, IL, just 10 minutes from O'Hare International Airport, and serves as headquarters to 32 healthcare, trade, and professional associations. Our more than 200 staff members thrive on putting clients first and are passionate about furthering our association partners' missions by ensuring they have the tools, resources, and expertise needed to succeed.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:04:33 PDT