Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Department of Athletics & Recreation is seeking three (3) Assistant Women's Basketball Coaches. The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instructions, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Coach
- Providing effective sport instruction and feedback during contests
- Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Coach
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes
- Demonstrating excelling writing, speaking, and listening abilities
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes
- Completing all assignments made by the Head Coach including but not limited to: budget management, contest scheduling, practice planning, travel arrangement, and monitoring study tables
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meeting to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations Excellent oral and written communication skills strong organizational skills Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Previous coaching experience or equivalent
- Masters Degree
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
To be coordinated with supervisor
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, April 17th, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.