ADJUNCT FACULTY, NYUSPS ACCESS PROGRAM, NYU School of Professional Studies
ADJUNCT FACULTY, NYUSPS ACCESS PROGRAM
NYU School of Professional Studies
McGhee Division for Undergraduate Studies
The 10-month NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) Access program is designed for graduating high school seniors who want to sharpen their academic and career-focused skills, while deciding what comes next. This unique learning opportunity allows students to increase their readiness for college and/or the workforce through a curated set of courses that explore a professional field of their choosing and reinforce core academic competencies such as data literacy, and written and verbal communication. Cohort-based advisories led by an academic coach support students’ program success and help them navigate the exciting transition that lies ahead.
We seek Adjunct Faculty candidates for courses in the following areas:
• College-level math and statistics
• Creative and expository writing
• Business, management and accounting
• Healthcare management and law
• Information technology and systems management
• Leadership development
We seek Adjunct Faculty candidates who have:
● Experience teaching at the secondary and/or college level;
● Experience with working with diverse student populations;
● A commitment to increasing college access, especially to historically underserved or underrepresented students;
● Knowledge and/or experience with youth development and instructional approaches that promote student engagement and student-centered learning;
● Desire to work in a collaborative environment, provide and receive peer feedback, and engage in ongoing reflective practice; and
● Experience with online teaching and/or technology-enhanced education.
Adjunct faculty members for NYUSPS Access can expect to teach on Fridays or Saturdays during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters.
To Apply, go to: apply.interfolio.com/41504
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity