Accounts Receivable Specialist
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Records payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties. Performs balancing activities to allow for monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and posts cash receipts from customers using accounting software (JDE).
- Investigates all debit and credit discrepancies and follows-up with appropriate NSI personnel for resolution.
- Reports on days outstanding for accounts receivable.
- Contacts customer to resolve past due invoices.
- Generates accounts receivable overdue aging report using accounting software (JDE) to identify past due invoices and discrepancies.
- Updates open accounts receivable issues showing status of invoices outstanding over 30 days past due.
- Maintains all accounts receivable files.
- Reconciles AR Aging to the general ledger and investigates any discrepancies.
- Reconciles and reports related party transactions for accounts receivable.
- Maintains fixed asset records, including tracking and labeling to properly record company assets.
- Prepares monthly depreciation journal entry.
- Conducts account analysis for assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Performs other month end and year end activities as required to properly complete NSI's financial statements.
- Monitors tooling invoicing and related costs.
- Supports year-end audit and mid-year review process, as required.
- Assists in J-Sox implementation and audit, as required.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education and certification:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two year college; or 5 or more year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and experience:
- Work requires accounts receivable automotive accounting experience.
- Work requires comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles.
- Work requires oral and written communication skills.
- Work requires knowledge of and experience using accounting software/ERP systems (JDE), MS Office; Excel, Word, and email/internet software.
- Work requires a detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work requires knowledge of the organization, departments and policies/ practices, and company operations in order to complete tasks, and maintains records and files.
- Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven
- Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making
- Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management
- Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team work
- Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Availability: Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours. Off-hours as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 20:22:06 PDT