Senior Accountant - Bond Accounting
Primarily this position is responsible for overseeing the monthly production of investment accounting reports for our clients. This includes ensuring monthly client activity, accruals, income, expenses and gains or losses associated with investment portfolios are correct. It also includes assisting the Director of the department with the day to day functions of the department, including scheduling daily/weekly/monthly workflow, training, and client contact and maintaining CUSIP database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate workflow of department.
- Oversee new client conversion process.
- Manage CUSIP database and all related monthly updates and processing of software.
- Lead team through monthly close process to ensure timely delivery of reports to clients.
- Responsible for invoicing.
- Support department by ensuring transactions are properly recorded and that accruals, amortization and accretion are calculated correctly by ensuring the proper utilization of software.
- Respond to client inquiries and concerns including providing knowledgeable and sound accounting and GAAP compliant advice.
- Assist with maintaining proprietary software, internal spreadsheets and managing client records; and help to develop and expand current systems.
- Handle complicated client portfolios and complete custom work.
- Training new staff and continual training on new processes, products and accounting methodology and concepts
- Troubleshoot software and reporting issues
- Provide necessary data to other departments within the firm in a timely manner
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Accounting, with 2-5 years of experience in accounting work for financial institutions and/or insurance companies. Experience with investment portfolios and fixed income investments are required.
- Excellent Excel skills are a must.
Knowledgeable with general accounting terminology and GAAP. Ability to read and interpret documents such as bonds, financial market indices, rates, articles, accounting standards, contracts, instructions and reports. Excellent written, verbal communication, math and analytical skills are essential.
Strong MS Excel required, Knowledge of Bloomberg Information, TPG Software and Interactive data (formerly Bondedge) is a requirement.
Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, First Empire Securities, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned, full-service institutional brokerage firm. Since 1984, our firm has been a strategic partner to institutional clients in the development of fixed income investment solutions.
Our many years of success has resulted from exceptional client service, as well as recruiting and retaining motivated business professionals. One of the hallmarks of First Empire's success is our commitment to our employees, many of whom have been with the company since its inception. As we continue to attract premier talent to our organization, we resolve to support our team-based approach to ensure the ongoing success of the firm - and the employees that helped get us there.
First Empire Securities and its affiliates are seeking qualified business professionals who show that they are ready and able to fulfill our client service philosophy and team-based approach to business.
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:45:03 PDT