Help Desk Technician I
Provides general technical support for IT-related user issues. Specialized in end user and systems support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day troubleshooting for, scanning devices, iPads / tablets, wireless bridges, e-mail, badge printers, label printers, office printers.
• Install and configure I.T. equipment, to end users as required.
• Support end users with tech support issues, software support, trouble identifications and remediation.
• Help Desk end user support, monitor 24x7x365 including remote support.
• Train users on new software and systems as they are rolled out by IT Dept.
• Travel to various sites to perform maintenance and setup for information technology and wiring and document changes and additions to sites.
• Interact with systems administrators to assist with training and troubleshooting.
• Assist System Administrator and Assistant System Administrator as necessary.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 1-3 years' experience. Be able to relate to others on both an elementary and sophisticated level.
• Candidate should possess industry certifications such as MCP or A+ or equivalent work experience.
• Strong TCP/IP networking skills (will be tested).
• Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office and all programs used by the company.
• Candidates must be self-motivated and possess excellent communications skills.
• This person will be required to travel both inside and out of the State of Florida for extended periods of time (days) as well as be able to drive to those remote locations within the State of Florida. This person must be able to drive a company vehicle possessing a valid Florida driver's license and meet the minimum insurance requirements.
Associates degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 1 to 3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to follow oral and written directions, read, understand, analyze, track, interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, codes, documents and make recommendations. Ability to write reports and simple business correspondences. Ability to understand complex technical manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees. Bi-Lingual language skills a plus, Spanish / English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Work independently and make effective judgments regarding daily tasks. Must possess reasoning ability sufficient to solve practical problems and the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to talk or hear. The employee may be frequently required to stand; walk; sit; kneel; reach with hands and arms and use step stools/ladders to access files. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The employee will be required to work in a variety of environments, including, but not limited to, farm fields, packing houses, and office areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but the employee may be exposed to loud industrial equipment and machinery, moving mechanical parts and vibration when performing various job responsibilities. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasionally travel may be required.
Lipman Family Farms has been in the tomato business for over eight decades. Today we are the largest field tomato grower in North America.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:11:44 PDT