The President serves as the dynamic leader, consensus builder and strategic thinker of the College and maintains a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success. The President is the chief executive officer of the College and operates within the policies established by the Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, renews, and refines the strategic plan leading to a collective vision.
- Designs/redesigns the organizational structure, policies, and staffing to align with the strategic vision.
- Integrates multiple initiatives to create the needed holistic agenda for student success.
- Creates opportunities for first-generation, non-traditional students.
- Promotes promising, high impact policies and practices for academic and non-academic support for students.
- Creates a culture of inquiry and evidence leading to data-informed decision making.
- Focuses professional development for all to support the student success agenda.
- Aligns planning and budgeting with priorities for student success.
- Strengthens partnerships with K-12.
- Leads the outreach to business, industry, and community-based organizations.
- Embraces accreditation demands for effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Oversees fundraising and resource development activities for the District.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possesses a deep commitment to student access and success.
- Honors and values diversity, inclusion, cultural competence, and equity.
- A record of taking risks to advance student success.
- An ability to create transformational change in culture and practice.
- An ability to lead the creation of a strategic vision.
- An ability to create external partnerships.
- Demonstrated skills to raise and effectively allocate resources.
- Demonstrated listener who builds respectful relationships on and off campus.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and a desire for collaboration
- Ability to see the importance of engaging faculty, staff, students, and the community in building a student success agenda.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university
- Extensive senior level leadership experience at a community or technical college.
- Experience as a change agent with a proven capacity to motivate and inspire others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. preferred.
Certificates and Licensures