Scientist, Chemistry # 2017-18
The service of a PhD Scientist/Chemist, with extensive analytical experience in a production environment, is required along with a strong demonstrable background in the development and validation of analytical methods. Current experience with combined chromatographic techniques (e.g. GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, etc.) is also needed in order to complement our current team of PhD Scientists. This individual will be responsible for the production of analytical data under either ISO 17025 or GLP and the preparation of reports in response to client needs.
Evidence of the following is required:
• Ability to successfully develop, validate and implement analytical methods
• Ability to "trouble shoot" specific methods and to maintain adequate records of any actions required
• Knowledge of basic QC procedures including charting and related measures related to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Work independently without supervision
• Supervise and direct the activities of others
• Ability to set realistic time lines and milestones for specific projects
• Communicate, in written form, the various steps involved in chemical analyses (SOP's), outcomes from methodological investigations, and evaluations of less senior personnel on the analytical team
• Ability to interact and communicate with others as part of an analytical team
• Ability to adequately communicate analytical results either for external (client) or internal usage
• Ability to deal with clients technical questions in a manner which is in keeping with company policy
The successful candidate will possess a PhD in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry with at least 5 years of related industrial experience. Proven experience in the use of Microsoft's Word and Excel is also a requirement.
Labstat offers competitive wages, benefit package, vacation schedule, training programs and social events.
Labstat values a diverse workforce.
Labstat International ULC is an independent, privately owned, analytical laboratory with 40 years of leadership and experience in the analysis of nicotine containing products. Our team of highly qualified Scientists, Technologists, and Technicians perform testing for clients around the world in analytical chemistry, toxicology, biomarkers as well as contract research related to the development of new methodologies.
Labstats dedication to excellence is not taken lightly, it is an intrinsic and fundamental corporate value and practiced by all Labstat employees every day. A satisfied client is our most important product and our staff is our most important resource.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 13:09:09 PDT