VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2AS17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Accountant/Fiscal Manager I
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Accountant/Fiscal Analyst III
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $39,960-$56,947
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: May 2017
OPENING DATE: March 16, 2017
Reporting to the Director of Financial Accounting, the Accountant performs major accounting functions which may include: directing in the preparation of financial statements, budgetary processes, reconciliation and analysis of financial data, financial auditing, report preparation and fiscal oversight of grants and College Foundation. Fulfills responsibilities and service usually completed by the Director of Financial Accounting in the Director's absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination and collaboration with the Director of Financial Accounting, directs the development, preparation and compilation of financial data for state, federal, and accreditation reporting.
- In coordination and collaboration with the Director of Financial Accounting, reviews and evaluates the College internal and external financial status, including sales charges, loan files, enterprise system transactions, investments, and collateral requirements.
- In coordination and collaboration with the Director of Financial Accounting, provides internal auditing and liaison services, aids in Risk Management Analysis and partners in developing and maintaining a Business Continuity Plan.
- In coordination and collaboration with the Director of Financial Accounting, develops, reviews, recommends and implements agency policies and provides interpretations of guidelines and regulations to ensure College policies are in compliance with federal and state law and regulations.
- In Director's absence, serves as the Director, effectively and efficiently managing every aspect of financial accounting.
- Participates in campus wide activities and committees and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field and three (3) years directly related accounting experience. Master’s Degree and five (5) years related accounting experience preferred. Certified Public Accountant License preferred. Experience in Grant Accounting preferred.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on March 23, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.