Assistant Director for Residence Education
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervises 3-4 full-time Residence Directors and undergraduate Resident Advisor staff, in creating safe, caring, and inclusive learning-centered communities.
- Shares responsibility for adjudicating student conduct meetings for alleged policy violations.
- Develops and implements training for residence director and resident advisor staff including annual fall and spring training as well as ongoing in-services and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Director of Residence Life to implement the overall philosophy, programming model, vision and strategic plan for AIC's residence life program.
- Develop positive collaborative relationships with departments, including but not limited to Maintenance & Housekeeping, Campus Police, Dinning Services, Counseling Services, and Health Services.
- Serves in an "on-call" rotation and works with emergency response for the campus community.
- Develops and manages the resident advisor and residence director recruitment and selection processes.
- Devotes significant time to working with students with leadership skills, personal responsibility, community development and general mentorship.
- Responsible for further developing the residence education curriculum through living/learning communities, special interest housing, and campus-wide programming.
- Coordinates building opening and closing procedures.
- Develops and implements campus-wide student training sessions regarding community standards, sexual misconduct, bystander intervention, etc.
- Participate and assist in supervision of major events held by the College such as: New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, Homecoming, etc.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or other related field required
- Higher Education Administration preferred
- Two years of professional experience preferably in higher education preferred
- Experience with housing placements in residential facility or hotel reservations preferred
- Ability to interpret and analyze information to create reports and summarize data
- Proficiency with performing basic mathematical operations (additions, subtractions, etc.) and calculating figures and amounts such as percentages and proportions
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Experience working with diverse populations as well as sensitive and confidential information
The Assistant Director for Residence Education is a full time, twelve (12) month, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m., with hours of work flexible to the needs of the department. Frequent night and weekend work is required. This is a live-on, benefit eligible position.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.