Assistant Director for Housing Operations
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Leads the Residence Life department through all day-to-day housing assignment & billing processes & services related to a 12-month housing operation.
- Manages room assignment and room change process throughout the academic year including the placement of transfer and returning students.
- Develops and maintains the housing assignments database including addressing support issues, keeping up with the latest technologies and updates, and updating the student-facing housing portal.
- Ensures effective management of all facilities within the Residence Life program by coordinating with housekeeping, maintenance, and IT departments to ensure that general and emergency issues in the residence halls are corrected in a timely fashion.
- Oversees the management of housing agreements, room condition reports, emergency contact information, and health & safety inspections for each residential student by coordinating with Residence Directors
- Consults and coordinates with the Coordinator of Disability Services to process all accommodations related to students with disabilities and health-related needs.
- Coordinates all break housing needs.
- Serves in an "on-call" duty rotation and works with emergency response for the campus community.
- Oversees the annual Residence Life room selection process
- Responsible for the general operation of the main Residence Life office (including in-person customer service and e-mail and phone correspondence).
- Organizes and manages yearly Residence Life opening and closing procedures including working with group advisors and athletic coaches to coordinate arrival dates, collect student information, and keep Residence Life up-to-date on room occupancies.
- Develops and maintains regular communication with the Student Accounts Office to ensure efficient and accurate billing of Residence Life charges, credits, and deposit transactions.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, MBA, or other related field required.
- Higher Education Administration or Operations expertise preferred.
- Two years of professional experience preferably in higher education or education environment preferred.
- Experience with housing placements in residential facility or hotel reservations preferred.
- Ability to interpret and analyze information to create reports and summarize data.
- Proficiency with performing basic mathematical operations (additions, subtractions, etc.) and calculating figures and amounts such as percentages and proportions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Experience working with diverse populations as well as sensitive and confidential information.
The Assistant Director for Housing Operations is a full time, twelve (12) month, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m., with hours of work flexible to the needs of the department. Frequent night and weekend work is required. This is a live-on, benefit eligible position.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.