Undergraduate Academic Advisor
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Manage a caseload of advisees; Meet with advisees within the first month of the semester and throughout the academic year, as needed.
- Provide guidance with course selection and registration pertaining to majors; help students understand majors' connection to graduate studies and/or career paths.
- Communicate with students regularly to apprise them of semester mileposts (midterm grades, pre-registration, etc.) and end of semester status, relating to Dean's List, probation and dismissal, after review of grades.
- Collaborate with Student Accounts & Financial Aid to support the financial literacy initiative, and refer students to relevant campus resources.
- Contribute to AC presentations and outreach; attend two co-curricular events each semester and participate with Admissions events.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Education, or Counseling required
- Applicable Higher Education work experience required
- College Advising experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to make group presentations required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with Student Information Systems required
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply institutional/departmental policies and procedures required
The Undergraduate Academic Advisor is a full time, twelve-month, exempt position 35 hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., flexible to the needs of the department. Evening or weekend event work required at times. This is a benefit eligible position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.