Customer Care Agent
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century four-year liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools. With a current enrollment of almost 10,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students within three years, including both residential and commuter students. Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC provides a student centered, technology-enriched learning environment. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology
Customer Care Agent
Office of Operations - 4007010130
Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcript 1
This position will provide professional, user friendly, accurate and real time information to a diverse audience supporting current and prospective students. The primary offices served will be Admissions, Registrar/Records and Student Financial Aid. The Customer Care Center will provide information for these offices, resolve issues and/or create call back tickets for follow-up. Duties will include managing inbound /outbound calls and written communication (email and chat). This position will require time on the phone and will be measured by various metrics including resolution time and customer satisfaction.
- Focus will be on answering and responding to inbound calls, emails, and chat responses
- Tracking inquiries via CRM system
- Help maintain documentation for Customer Care team
- Must maintain a current working knowledge of Enrollment Service policies
- Completes special projects and duties assigned by Customer Care Manager in a timely manner
- Speak clearly, offer office identity and a spirit of assistance
- Remain up to date regarding policies, calendar, deadlines, directions, etc
- Participate in ongoing training
- Must be punctual and present on a daily basis
- Attend meetings as necessary for the position
- Other duties as assigned by Customer Care Manager
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-2 years Call Center customer service experience
- Experience utilizing CRM to track customer calls
- Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Advanced computer skills and the use of a fax machine, copier and printer are a plus. Knowledge of databases and how they work.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).