Information Security Operations Analyst
We are hiring a Information Security Operations Analyst for a Contract position in Dfw Airport, TX
Information Security Operations Analyst
Duration: 6+ months Contract
Location Dfw Airport - TX - 75261
As an Information Security Operations Analyst your objective is to help process, analyze, manage and drive all IT related vulnerabilities and control deficiencies across the team's infrastructure portfolio. This includes but is not limited to helping to maintain a robust security posture and continual compliance of Verizon Terremark's systems management infrastructure.
• Monitor and advise on information security vulnerabilities related to all team's infrastructure systems
• Analyze and evaluate IT scan tool vulnerability reports for patch management and remediation
• Work in concert with team members, Information Security personnel and relevant Subject Matter Experts to process, analyze and drive the remediation of all identified IT related vulnerabilities
• Assist with the operation and management of vulnerability solutions across the team's portfolio
• Provide technical input and guidance related to vulnerability management solutions as well as Federal and commercial compliance control mandates
• Assist with the Development and publishing of Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
• Identify security issues and risks, and assist with the development of risk mitigation plans
• Participate in the development of security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with support teams involved with deployment of patches across the portfolio
• Help drive continual improvement in the vulnerability management and security posture
• Participate in security compliance through analysis and collaboration with team members and relevant subject matter experts
• Daily review of security logs with follow-up on any suspicious activity.
• Weekly review of security patch management reports with follow-up on any systems reported as out-of-compliance
• Assist with the administration of the Vulnerability Management Program through: :
o Assignment and tracking of actionable reported items for vulnerability remediation.
o Asset management as needed as related to team's infrastructure systems portfolio
o Help drive Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M) of all team's control deficiencies and vulnerability remediation
• Assist with self-audit functions as needed to ensure systems management infrastructure, systems and processes meet compliance requirements related to team's infrastructure systems
• Help create, manage and maintain user security awareness across the organization
• Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security trends and issues.
• 5+ years of broad-based IT experience with strong technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and vulnerability patch management
• 3+ years experience with commercial compliance and regulatory standards including: PCI, HIPAA, SSAE 16
• 2+ years experience with Federal compliance and regulatory standards including: FISMA, DIACAP and FedRAMP.
• Exceptional documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS) or related field / experience.
• Industry-related certifications (CISSP, CEH, CNDA) strongly desired.
Note: US Citizens ONLY. please list candidate's status in FG notes/comments
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 02:11:34 PDT