Adjunct Faculty - Biology
Posting Number: 0601014
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty - Biology
Position Type: Faculty
Duration of Position: Part Time
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
Department: Department of Science & Mathematics
Pay Rate: $3,000 per course per semester.
Job Summary/Basic Function: The Department of Science and Mathematics seeks applications from qualified candidates for Adjunct Instructor of Biology positions for the summer 2017 sessions, and fall 2017 semester.
For summer 2017, appointments are for:
1) General Biology I Instructor: MW 5:00 - 7:00 pm, and Lab MW 7:00 - 9:45 pm,
2) General Biology II Lab Instructor: MW 10:15 am - 12:45 pm,
3) Genetics Instructor: MW 12:00 - 2:00 pm, and Lab MW 2:15 - 5:00 pm.
For fall 2017, appointments are for:
1) Intro to Life Science I Instructor: TR 9:30 - 10:45 am,
2) General Biology I Lab Instructor: M 3:00 - 5:45 pm, M 6:00 - 8:45 pm, T 8:00 - 10:45 am, T 11:00 am - 1:45 pm.,
3) Genetics Lab Instructor: W 3:00 - 5:45 pm, and
4) Animal Physiology Instructor: MWF 3:00 - 3:50 pm, and Lab W 6:00 - 8:45 pm.
Other teaching opportunities as Adjunct Instructor may be available based on student need and you are encouraged to apply. Excellence in instruction at the college or university level is expected.
Work Hours: Depends on course schedule. Teaching assignments may include day, night, and weekend classes.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Texas A&M University-San Antonio (TAMU-SA) is a new comprehensive university in the established Texas A&M University System serving students from a culturally diverse and largely non-traditional population. The university was created to address the educational needs in South San Antonio and surrounding areas. The current enrollment is approximately 5,500.
Applications are accepted only through the online job portal at: https://employment.tamusahr.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp. Applicants must complete the application/Faculty Form as well as upload a letter of interest and their curriculum vita. In the letter of interest mention, in the very first sentence, the specialization for which you would like to be considered. In addition, applicants must submit a complete set of unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are not necessary to complete the initial application) to the Search Committee Chair:
Dr. Megan Wise de Valdez, Search Committee Chair
c/o Jenny Ince
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Science & Mathematics
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
Finalists will be required to provide three current, original letters of recommendation to the Search Committee Chair at the address above. The letters should be less than one year old and should bear the writer's actual signature.
Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution by the Office of Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University-San Antonio, One University Way, San Antonio, Texas 78224. We cannot accept transcripts issued directly to the candidate. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Megan Wise de Valdez at email@example.com.
- Selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation to be hired for this position.
- The above duties may not be performed in every position with this title and the above functions may not include all related duties that might be performed. This position requires physical activities supportive of the above job duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary.
- If you are a male age 18 through 25, you must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire.
- Texas A&M-San Antonio is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Posting Date: 04-03-2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting: employment.tamusahr.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=51889
No Records Found
Necessary Qualifications: A M.S. degree in Biology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Preferred Qualifications: A Ph.D. degree in Biology or closely related field.
Necessary Qualifications: A minimum of one semester college teaching experience in both lecture and laboratory.
Preferred Qualifications: Broad training in biology and experience teaching and mentoring undergraduates.
Familiarity with the needs of a non-traditional, first-generation, culturally diverse student body.
Familiarity with high-impact educational practices such as cooperative education, service learning, and undergraduate research.
Experience with contemporary instructional technologies.
Other Requirements or Other Factors
Other Qualifications for Posting: Necessary
Willingness to work in cooperation with members of the university community and the broader community.
Texas A&M University-San Antonio (TAMU-SA) is a new comprehensive university in the established Texas A&M University System serving students from a culturally diverse and largely non-traditional population. The university was created to address the educational needs in South San Antonio and surrounding areas. The current enrollment is approximately 5,500.
Texas A&M-San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.