Director of Prospect Management and Research
University of Delaware
Job Title Director of Prospect Management and Research
Job ID 104516
Location Newark, DE
Director of Prospect Management and Research, Office of Development & Alumni Relations
Pay Grade: 31S
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The University of Delaware's Office of Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) is building a model fundraising infrastructure, one that will meet the growing needs of the University in support of the overall strategic plan. It is our mission to engage donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students in a lifelong relationship and foster a tradition of philanthropy to strengthen the University's legacy as one of the great public institutions of higher education in America.
Under the limited direction of the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Prospect Management and Research is responsible for providing leadership and strategic planning for the University's donor prospect research efforts with particular emphasis on support for major gift efforts and campaign initiatives. The Director will lead the team that supports the University's annual goals by developing and enhancing a comprehensive prospect management system to coordinate and maximize donor interests. The Director will also lead the team's efforts in conducting research and analyzing data, utilizing publicly available information sources as well as data provided internally to prepare written biographical and financial prospect profiles on individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Lead strategic planning for the University and campaign planning efforts as it relates to prospect management and research.
- Create a robust prospect pipeline by ensuring gift officers have the proper tools and data to construct meaningful relationships.
- Provide critical leadership to a high-functioning Principal Gifts Program in order to maintain strategies and coordinate activity related to prospects rated at $1 million or more.
- Plan and implement regular database screenings, analyzing data and making recommendations to maximize solicitation strategies.
- Develop and manage regular prospect strategy sessions. Promote cohesive and consistent strategy for prospects via moves management and data
- Manage the daily functions of the area by providing guidance and mentoring to research staff.
- Oversee the evaluation, negotiation, purchase, and renewal of research resources, publications and services. Evaluate resources for effectiveness, reliability, and comprehensive coverage on a regular basis.
- Educate Development and Alumni Relations staff and others involved in fundraising activities about current research practices and trends.
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, with five years of progressive skill-related experience; experience in research and development services, and prospect management preferred; experience managing and leading employees; ability to manipulate, analyze and synthesize data using data warehousing and mining tools; skill in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures; ability to conduct sophisticated searches in electronic and print resources; ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community; independent judgment and the ability to perform tasks on own initiative, many of which have no precedent; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; highly driven and results oriented.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html