Senior Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 04-03-2017
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is recruiting two senior administrative assistants to provide advanced administrative support to the Body Imaging Division (formerly known as the Thoracoabdominal Division). One position will support the Body Division's abdominal section, while the other position will provide support the Body Division's thoracic section. The incumbents will schedule appointments and make travel arrangements; coordinate meetings, conferences, and work schedules; compose general correspondence; and are responsible for data management. The incumbents also answer multiple phone lines, proofread and edit documents, coordinate special projects, and perform other general administrative duties.
Qualified applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years of advanced administrative support experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for years of experience. Previous experience in a medical setting is preferred.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
2. Strong working knowledge of administrative procedures. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Ability to mentor junior professionals.
5. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various database and software programs. Can interpret information and apply to daily work. Ability to use an array of business software applications, such as word processor software, presentation software, and spreadsheet software.
6. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
6. Accurate and fast typing skills; good spelling and grammatical skills.
7. Ability to be flexible in managing a heavy workload with diverse responsibilities while meeting rigid deadlines.
8. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and operational efficiency.
9. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81527