Learning Resource Center Assistant (PT)
Working under the supervision of the Regional Librarian the Learning Resources Center Assistant (LRCA) will support the academic mission of the University. S/he will ensure the LRC functions properly and assists students, faculty and staff in its use. The LRCA actively supports information literacy efforts through 1:1 or small group student instruction as well as in class presentations. Assists student's with career services needs such as resume/cover letter review and job search aid. The person will also assist with computer issues as able. This is a part time position for 10-25 hours per week in the evenings up until 10PM which may include Saturday mornings.
- Ensures the proper functioning of the LRC using the policies and procedures as set forth in the LRC Training and Resource Manual, and other related documents.
- Assists students in using the LRC and fosters information literacy by working with students and distributing promotional materials.
- Assists with maintaining the career development area know as the €Career Corner€ in conjunction with the LRC.
- Provides career development assistance to students to include preliminary job search strategies, resume development and online career services use.
- Administers placement, CLEP/DSST and other academic tests as required.
- Manages the creation and distribution of student identification cards.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as requested and approved by Campus Dean
- When necessary, responsible for maintaining computer lab and assisting students with computer-related issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Library experience and library function familiarity
- Demonstrated knowledge of library database tools
- Proficiency in customer service
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.