Serves as Curriculum Coordinator to the JWMI Dean of Curriculum and the curriculum team. This position requires direct communication with the Dean and curriculum team. This position requires a high level of independent thinking, attention to detail, flexibility, good computer skills and the ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing expense reports, contracts, and contractor invoices and maintaining schedule of contract end dates
- Responsible for maintaining the curriculum team calendar and coordinating resources to support deadline adherence
- Compile Curriculum Team weekly report and coordinate weekly team meetings.
- Manage team €punch list,€ which involves capturing curriculum and course issues, updating list items as issues are addressed, following up with individual team members, and communicating the status of list items to staff, faculty, and stakeholders.
- Monitor curriculum team email account, coordinate related communication, and update related documentation (e.g. Team punch list).
- Responsible for coordinating and providing reports to curriculum vendors.
- Responsible for ordering curriculum materials; DiSC, TKI, books, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the Blackboard landing page calendar and ensuring all stakeholders have articulated events.
- Provide regular review of Blackboard landing page and iCampus landing page content to identify updating needs.
- Responsible for audible administrative tasks; bookstore communication, data entry, student support, script revisions, eBook pdf creation, etc.
- Coordinate filming schedules for in-house video interviews
- Provide various administrative services to keep cast and crew on schedule and within budget.
- Organize film crews including recruiting, location scout, directing and supervising during pre-production process and staying within budget.
- Track and reserve production equipment as needed.
- Be efficient, accurate, and timely in coordinating of assigned production projects.
- Complete curriculum team data entry projects and quality assurance projects
- Work on special projects and initiatives, including research, data collection and coordination of meeting(s) with interested parties.
- Prepare statistical reports as instructed
- Maintain organization of accreditation documentation.
- Answer email and phone, takes/distributes messages for the Curriculum Department
- Schedule web-based meetings (using the GoToMeeting and Outlook tools) for curriculum team meetings that may include contractors, faculty and vendors. Related tasks include communicating meeting times to those involved and adjusting meeting times as needed.
- Assist with expense reporting as needed
- Coordinate travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of college is required. A four year degree is preferred.
- At least three years of administrative experience is required.
- Possess excellent organizational, professional, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Be organized, effective and self-motivated
- Must have strong customer skills
- Eagerness to learn and to contribute to a dynamic team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with social media
- Proficiency in a variety of computer programs including Excel and Word and demonstrated ability to learn new applications as needed
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing and/or editing various documents and reports, including excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse group
- Ability to coordinate complex activities with multiple parties
- Ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is not required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.