Assistant Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis
Assistant Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis
Position Number: 53063424
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis. This position will perform various duties as assigned by the Head Tennis Coach and Director of Athletics.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Assistant Coach will:
- Assist the Head Tennis Coach in conducting the UNG tennis program according to all university and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Assist in scheduling and supervision of regular practice sessions, conditioning and weight training sessions, and monitoring academic success and progress towards graduation for all student-athletes involved in the program. Assist with travel plans for the program and ensures visiting team's needs are met while on campus.
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of scholar-athletes.
- Assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms, medical exams, and provide NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required.
- Communicate and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration; engages in public relation activities; participates in a variety of fundraising activities; promotes UNG and the tennis program in a positive manner.
- Assist with responsibility for facility supervision and maintenance; must be in attendance when the facility is being used by outside sources.
- Perform additional duties that may be assigned by the Head Tennis Coach or Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of the game of tennis with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Collegiate playing or coaching experience required.
- Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.